Careers at ChargePoint
ChargePoint is an award-winning company that can offer long-term stability and career development.
As a result of our continued growth we are seeking to grow many areas of the ChargePoint business and welcome new team members into all areas of the company.
You can view our current vacancies and apply for any role directly through the job descriptions below each department on this page.
ChargePoint Technology is committed to a comprehensive policy of equal opportunities in employment in which individuals are selected and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities without regard to race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin, disability or sexual orientation.
Business Development & Sales
Technical Sales Engineer
Competitive Salary and Bonus/Commission
25 days holiday (bank holidays)
We have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join us at ChargePoint Technology Ltd in the position of Technical Sales Engineer
Reporting to the Head of Sales- EMEIA & LATAM the Technical Sales Engineer will be responsible for the assigned territory with the objective of generating significant new business and further expanding existing accounts within the pharmaceutical and fine chemical manufacturing sector.
In addition to managing existing accounts you will generate new business from your own lead generation, marketing activities, conferences, product launches, promotions, media, research and networking in the industry.
You will be responsible for developing a sales strategy to increase revenue streams by understanding existing accounts, our competitors and the market place.
Working with the UK based Head of Sales- EMEIA & LATAM, Technical Team and Internal Sales Team you will maximise sales volumes, pricing and product mix, while optimising payment terms and all other terms and conditions.
You will have the credibility and respect of the client who may be senior management for Process Engineering, Purchasing, Project Engineer, Health and Safety or from another technical discipline. You will be highly motivated and committed to the role but in return for exceptional results, the organisation offers excellent career opportunities and rewards.
- Account management control of the designated sales & region
- Develop sales of the ChargePoint brand, products and services
- Achieve financial & sales growth- orders, leads, enquiries, brand visability & awareness
- Develop / understand long-term relationships with strategic & major accounts up to corporate level
- Develop sales in geographical & industry sectors including lead generation
- Take a proactive role in increasing market share, identifying & developing sales opportunities
- Plan, identify, prioritize & pursue activities, opportunities & customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed sales volumes, business development strategy & agreed aims
- Deliver technical process evaluation & commercial quotations/proposals sales support
- Monitor & report on activities & provide revelant management information including, accurate & meaningful sales forecasts
- Work closely with senior sales management, commerical & technical staff to ensure that strategic & operational plans are correctly understood and implemented
- Manage sales through the company CRM systems, & update relevant information
- Submit Prospect progress reports and monthly management reports to ensure business visibility
- Attend & present at external customer meetings & internal meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties & aid business development
- Develop with Marketing the regional strategy & identify campaigns that create lead generation
- Support local marketing activities, e.g., conferences, product launches, promotions, exhibitions
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends
- Present to and consult with senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products and sales channels
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company's unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Monitor & report on Industry market/comptetitor activities
Essential Experience and Skills
- Experienced Sales professional with a track record of success selling highly engineered mechanical equipment to the pharmaceutical or fine chemical manufacturing industries
- Experience of direct sales working across a region, with a mix of new business, aftersales services and strategic account management
- It is important that you have an engineering or manufacturing qualification/experience so that you can read engineering drawings, understand the sales application and communicate with customers regarding their process
- Minimum of HNC/HND Engineering based qualification
- Language, English speaking
- Proficient in communication verbally and in the written work in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have a high degree of knowledge and used CRM software
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, we have no vacancies at present. Please send your CV to our careers inbox and we will contact you if anything comes up in this area.