We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced individual to join us at ChargePoint Technology Ltd in the position of Sales Proposal Engineer.
As part of a multidisciplinary team the post holder will provide technical sales support activity. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to: reviewing standard & non-standard quotes against customer requirements, processing orders, expediting, order tracking, and project coordination. Strong communication externally with customers & internally with operations, engineering, sales personnel, is essential. You will be a key portal of information between customers and internal personnel, you will provide feedback in order to help secure sales & fulfil order delivery.
- Day to day communication & interfacing portal with sales regions, order fulfilment & project activities, acting promptly to all enquires & to maintain communication at regular intervals.
- Support incoming enquiries, tenders & quotations for standard & nonstandard projects with Senior Sales Proposals & Projects Engineer and A&S Dept.
- Interpret process sketches, Customer user requirement specifications (URS) and translate this into a quotation form with support from technical sales team.
- Preparation support for quotations and other documentation for Business Development Managers, A&SE Dept, utilising the company systems.
- Manage agreed pricing, margins, costs and discounts for Business Development Managers and A&SE Dept contracts according to agreed aims of the business.
- Liaise with Commercial & Proposal Manager on payment terms / analysis of risk involved with sales project &
- costs/margins and approval of T&C’s for proposed contracts.
- Support all standard and non-standard Contract Approvals, including all necessary internal documentation, including the review & amendments to contract.
- Liaising with Engineering & Planning Dept to develop suitable Project Plan and track project execution and delivery schedules.
- Support creations of documentation and responsibility for internal check, approval, and issue to the customer.
- Attend customer / contract review meetings with other company functions, as necessary, to perform duties &
- aid business development. Monitor and report on progress and delivery of sales orders.
- Perform order fulfilment process management, including internal reviews, and regular customer progress updates.
- Monitor & report on activities & provide relevant management information including, project delivery / analyse.
- Manage projects and opportunities through the company contact activities tools & systems, & update relevant information held in these systems.
- Hold regular status meetings with clients, internal ChargePoint departments & management
- Keeps the business well informed of any issues relating to specific project concerns.
Knowledge, Training and Experience
- Background in Engineering and numerate bias is preferable.
- Experience in either technical sales support, project management or an engineering environment.
- Must have excellent communication skills via telephone, e-mail and quotation preparation using the company systems and Microsoft software tools.
- The post holder will demonstrate excellent team working and customer focus, with ability to work using own initiative.
- Must have excellent English skills for oral and written communication.
- Language skills would be a benefit.
- Effective listening and interpersonal skills.
- Time management is essential.
The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate across all levels within the business. It is essential that you have a high attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in your work. With good problem-solving skills, you will be approachable with the ability to work on your own initiative. Being highly organised you will adapt readily to changing circumstances and have a flexible attitude to work.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, auto-enrolment pension, income protection, life assurance, RAC breakdown cover, access to wellbeing resources and support and the opportunity to work in a great culture!
Monday to Thursday 8.00am-4.30pm
Friday 8am – 2pm
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Christmas shutdown
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- RAC breakdown cover
- Ride-to-work scheme
- Highstreet discounts/perks
- Access to employee wellbeing resources/support