We have an exciting opportunity to join the Production – Manufacturing Department in the position of Manufacturing Technician, operating on the day shift and reporting into the Manufacturing Team Leader.
We are looking for a multi-disciplined candidate with experience in both setting and operating of Fanuc controlled CNC lathes and vertical machining centres, as well as multi-axis turn/mill machining centres.
- Setup and operation on a range of multi-axis CNC machine tools
- Use of hard gauging and CMM equipment to ensure product quality working with fine tolerances
- Working in stainless steels and heat resistant super alloys
- Requires strong understanding of ISO programming
- Time-served with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in setting and operating in a precision manufacturing environment
- Good knowledge of setting and operating Fanuc controlled CNC lathes and vertical machining centres
- Minimum 2 years’ experience on multi-axis CNC turn/mill machining centres
- Capable of reading and interpreting technical drawings and documentation
- Use of Microsoft office
- Experience in the setup and operation of Mazak Integrex machine tools
- Knowledge of Mazatrol Smooth control
- Experience of twin turret, twin spindle machining
Utilising your knowledge and experience, with a high attention to detail; the successful candidate will be a real team player who is capable of working on their own initiative, demonstrating a methodical approach to their working environment. You will be highly organised with excellent time management and communication skills.
Rotating Shift Pattern
- Week 1 Monday to Wednesday 05:55 to 17:40
- Week 2 Thursday to Saturday 05:55 to 17:40
- Attracts dayshift premium.
- Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Schedule: Day shift
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Christmas shutdown
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- RAC breakdown cover
- Ride-to-work scheme
- Highstreet discounts/perks
- Access to employee wellbeing resources/support